The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
1392 Weimer Road, Taos, NM
Monday - Friday:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Taos Dental Group takes every employee and patient’s temperature daily with a no-touch thermometer. We have adjusted the reception seating area to allow for social distancing, and now have a new social distancing garden outside. We have also updated our check-in and check-out procedures to accommodate the highest recommended guidelines.
Additionally, we have installed 3 ECM Phantom Fan Filter Units that circulate, filter, and clean the air in the office 45 times per hour. They filter the air in the office at 0.3 microns and provide the same safety as a N95 without wearing a mask.
The Taos Dental group team has continued to ensure recommended safety measures and we are extremely grateful that you trust us with your dental health. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office follows recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We will take each patients temperature prior to the appointment.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 575-758-8760.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.